Friday, 21 March 2014

Amor with Idealism

“Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.”  - Salvador Dalí


Opening the pages of sarcasm,
Avid acumen given without empathy,
Mocks all attempts made at affection,
It is with sadness I accept,
My irrevocable yet unrequited love
with a utopian fantasy.

I remember shouldering passion,
Earnestness to correct myself,
Contemplate with virtuous skill,
And understand with empathy.
Now I sense a departing aura,
The one you associate with death.

Idealism, whatever that may mean
is intense, I doubted like many,
Mistaking conscience for my amor,
Yes they may seem peculiarly akin,
You could strive to be perfect,
But never shall triumph happen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna quote Shakespeare here, because this quote seems to be everywhere I look these days! Expectation is the root of all heartache. I'm a pro at drawing conclusions out of thin air, I need nothing to write myself a love story and this is how I've managed to lose so many people who could have been good friends of mine. Next line I write on my body (I've said it in a poem) is going to be a warning: Prone to imaginary loves. :)

    This is a great poem.

    Take care and keep smiling. :*

    ReplyDelete