Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Sunflowers

Art : Abstract Sunflowers by Janis Zroback

Why do Sunflowers face the Sun?
Is it for to keep them by,
Or is it what that keeps them right?

By the veil of a darkening cloud,
The light separated my solitary walks,
The truth I searched for was spurious,
Sometimes it led me astray, And I gazed
At these wild passel of Sunflowers.

For a diurnal spread of flowers,
The Sun ripen into the truth,
For a hard going, homo sapien
As nocturnal as a day-blind bat,
There is no conviction to endorse.

So, I say the Sunflowers face the Sun
To catch their stroke of nonchalant life,
The search for truth is truth indeed!

20 comments:

  1. Searching truth in nature.....indeed it will be the right truth coz nature never lies...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. /As nocturnal as a day-blind bat/ I really like this line. I like the image of the sunflower and the sunlight to show the light of truth and the man against himself search for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you stretch vocabulary and work your diction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I have been trying to work with my vocab for a while. Thanks for the comments Kim. And your prompts just keep me going. :)

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful. Sunflowers re such good examples of truth seeking, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well atleast that is what I thought about when "The Wild Truth" sprung up in the prompt. And thanks a lot for your comments Mary. :)

      Delete
  5. What a cool response to the prompt....I love sunflowers....."by the veil of a darkening cloud" is such a gorgeous line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful the search for truth =) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks. I took up the metaphor with a doubt on how to apply it. Glad it worked out. :)

      Delete
  8. More truth to be found in nature, perhaps, than in our tortured minds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Nature does hold a visible array of truth waiting to be caressed. :)

      Delete
  9. Nature lives in harmony with itself and is all truth. That's why Nature is so simple. I love sunflowers. The picture is beautiful.
    Dropping by from Verse First.

    ReplyDelete